Fiancée K1 Visa Lawyer in Chicago

Cheng, Cho, & Yee, Immigration Lawyers

When you are faced with the task of bringing a spouse or fiancé/fiancée here to the States, it can be difficult to know which step to take first. This is where a Chicago K-1 visa lawyer may be able to help. Our immigration attorneys here at the Cheng, Cho, & Yee, Immigration Lawyers have guided many couples through the spousal and fiancé/fiancée immigration process.

Knowledgeable Oak Park Fiancée Visa Attorney

For a fiancé/fiancée, you will need to file a petition for a K-1. To obtain this type of visa, you will need to show that you will be married no more than 90 days after the person’s arrival. You will also need to provide documentation, which includes the following:

  • Police certificates
  • Photos of your fiancé/fiancee
  • Proof of your relationship
  • Medical examination
  • Divorce or death certificates if the foreign spouse has been married before

While this visa is a non-immigrant visa, our Chicago K-1 visa lawyers will explain to you that once your fiancé/fiancée has arrived, and the wedding has taken place, there are other family immigration options we can use to help you acquire permanent residency for your new spouse.

Guidance Through a Tough Process

Missteps in applying for a K visa in the U.S. can cost time and money. Most importantly, they can extend the amount of time you must be separated from your loved one. Our lawyers understand how stressful this process can be and will help you through every step so that you can make the right decisions for you and your family.

While we help many clients with family immigration matters, we also offer other immigration services such as business immigrant visas, business non-immigrant visas, H-1B visas, naturalization/citizenship, asylum issues and deportation/removal defense. Contact the Cheng, Cho, & Yee, Immigration Lawyers today at (312) 853-3088 for more information.